Changes to Facebook Brand and Organization Pages
Yesterday Facebook just announced a format change. The Brand pages will now have the Timeline format similar to Profile timelines.
Here is a quick break down of the changes:
- Cover Photo - First thing vistors will see and great place for a call to action.
- Profile Photo - This is now a smaller area so you want to most likely place your logo here.
- About - Make sure the content fits in this area. Three lines max.
- Apps instead of Tabs - Talk your 3rd party vendor to see if their tabs will work within the app area. Landing tabs are no longer available.
- Pinned Posts - If you have an important post "pin it" and this post will stay at the top of the page. Use this for contests or deals. It will be pinned for 7 days.
- Starred Posts - Will stretch across both columns.
- Milestones - Start from the beginning and tell how your business started, special events, and milestones.
- Admin Panel - Will will include notifications, messages (fans can send direct messages to you), new likes, insights and page tips.
The Brand page can keep the old format until March 30th and then they will automatically change.